Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Illness and health rant

I don't know if I have told you before, but my collarbone is swollen. Not the joint or muscle, the actual bone. I went to the hospital yesterday to have an ultrasound. This is because the lymph nodes in my neck have been swollen for really long, so my doctor thought it might be another swollen lymph node near my collarbone. At the hospital, they found nothing. Sure, the lymph nodes in my throat are swollen, probably because of some infection, but near the bone - nothing. This means it's not some soft tissue that is swollen, it's my actual bone.

This is a mirrored picture. Compare my left collarbone to my right! 

I e-mailed my doctor and asked if I can get an x-ray of my bone. She better say yes, or else I will nag and nag and nag until she does, lol. The same thing actually happened to my ribs almost 2 years ago - they suddenly "grew". Because my ribs didn't hurt like hell, the doctors called it "normal" (as if it's normal for your bones to swell when you're in your 20s). My ribs are much weaker on the swollen side - it's very uncomfortable to lie on that side on the ribs, and also if someone hugs me there. Need I say, the ribs are still swollen.

My collarbone hurts though. Not insanely much, but it's very uncomfortable, and it hurt sooo much during the ultrasound when the doctor pressed the scanner thingy on the bone! I am so upset they didn't find anything! I have had symptoms for 2 years now and no answers, except I am ANA positive, which means I probably have an autoimmun disease, but God knows which one.

The thing that makes me the most upset is that no doctors seems to take me seriously. "It's nothing to worry about" - Dude! My f-ing bone is huge, how can I not worry?! I wish I could go see Dr. House (without him giving me antibiotics without confirming an infection - I don't want to become immune), lol. 

No comments: