Thursday, October 25, 2012

Dyed my hair - Goodbye platinum blonde!

Mads and I went to a city called Lyngby to buy some food for our geckos, and for Rango, our awesome chameleon. I brought my gift certificate from Matas (a makeup store) which was a present from Mads' parents on my bday. Why? Well, I bought some hairdye because I finally decided to dye my hair today!

I've been wanting to do something with my awful roots for some time now, and since I want something more natural and closer to my real color, I chose a light beige blonde. I love the results! The color looks great on me (if I can say so myself)! :)

So I went from being platinum blonde (with golden blonde roots) to a light beige blonde (as you can see to the left - the roots look darker because of the flash from the camera), and I did it all by myself! Who needs a hairdresser? pfffttt....!

What do you prefer, this color or the platinum blonde one?

 Seen from the front and from above

So how did I do it all by myself? Well, with these two lovely products:

I started with applying the Casting crème gloss (Sunny Honey, copper blonde) on my bleached hair. It is extremely important to give your bleach blonde hair red pigment before dying it - if you don't it will turn green! I waited about 15 min and then put some on my roots. After 5 min I washed my hair. When my hair was almost dry, I put the Préférence 8.1 Copenhagen (Light ash blonde) on my roots, waited about 20 min and then made some highlights in the rest of my hair.

5 comments:

Bommelfee said...

Thanks for the detailed description. I was thinking of going from platinum blonde to a more natural shade as well.
So far I never really dared to "re-pigment" my bleached hair with reddish colour, but your hair turned out so great that I will try and copy your method and use of products.
You look great!

Tirin said...

Thank you! :) Glad I could help! It's all about having the guts to just "go for it"! Hope your hair will turn out just as you want it! :)

estetik said...

Google is the best search engine so make a search on Google...I like this blog...Thanks estetik

Samantha said...

WOW your hair looks absolutely amazing like this. It is such a good color for you really and its healthier for your hair! Win Win situation!!!

Tirin said...

Thank you <3 Yeah it's much healthier - I will never bleach my hair again!