Thursday, April 5, 2012

Garnier BB cream review

Garnier calls their product a "BB cream innovation". BB cream, or a Blemish Balm cream, was developed in Germany originally for laser surgery patients, to protect, moisturise and regenerate their skin, and at the same time help cover up the redness and scars. These days it is used by all kinds of people, since it is a moisturiser and foundation in one! Garnier BB cream comes in two colors so far, Medium and Light. It is supposed to be a miracle skin perfector, and it contains vitamin C and mineral pigments.

What it says it does:
♡ Even tone
♡ Blurs lines & imperfections
♡ Boosts healthy glow
♡ 24 h moisture:
♡ UVA/UVB - SPF 15

What it really does:
♡ Even tone: Well all I can say is, the color is pretty orange compared to my natural skin color in my face. Lines will be visible if not carefully applied, but other than that it's pretty even. 7/10


♡ Blurs lines & imperfection: Since it's a liquid foundation, it will create laugh line as the day goes by. I'm not old enough to be wrinkly, so I can't say anything about that, but it does not cover red spots very well, even with help from concealer (so I'm guessing it does not cover anything very well). It is recommended on the package to apply to layers for full coverage, but too much of it only looks unnatural. 6/10


♡ Boosts healthy glow: Sure, your face will be all shiny for the rest of the day. Since I have forgotten my finishing powder in Denmark, I had to use a thin layer of powder foundation to avoid looking like I've been to the gym all day. (This covers imperfections much better that just using the BB cream.) 4/10


♡ 24 h moisture: I haven't had it on for 24 hours (meaning I put it on about 9 hours ago), but so far it moisturises well. I didn't use any sort of primer or face cream before applying the BB cream. 9/10


♡ UVA/UVB - SPF 15: Not sure how well it protects me from sun rays, it hasn't been very sunny today, but I will find out, since my skin is very sensitive! ?/10


It gets the average score of 6,5/10. I must say I am a bit disappointed.

3 comments:

Bommelfee said...

I've never tried the Garnier BB cream, but I've heard from others that it's not really that great.
One main reason for the negative reviews I received was that it was way too dark and made you look pretty much orange.

I'm using a Korean BB cream. I order it on eBay (13€ with shipping included) and it works well for me. It's very light and blends very well with my light skin tone.
It's the SKIN79 Super+ Beblesh Balm BB Cream. It comes in a pink can, so you might want to try it yourself ;)

Tirin said...

Oh thank you for the tip! I might try that next time :)

Sutoroberi Sheku said...

Indeed the ones from SKIN79 or Missha are really great! I use them too ^__^ Those new European hipster "BB creams" are not really BB creams, and the companies thought they could ride this new BB cream trend tide. I was really disappointed as well.