Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's day guide

I put together a cute outfit for tomorrow's Valentine's day celebration!

❤ Red dress with matching lipstick, gold accessories (not too many), cream shoes and marching clutch bag. I chose gold nail polish, but red is just as pretty! The dress, shoes and ring are from Asos.

Now let's get to what this post is really about: what to do for Valentine's day

I know a lot of guys (my boyfriend included) hate Valentine's day, because it's such a commercial day and you sort of "have to" spend money, even though the day is not really that special. My boyfriend is lucky he's still in France tomorrow! Anniversaries are more special because that's your day. Valentine's day is... all the couples' day! But even if you do hate the 14th of February, you should still show your girlfriend some extra love :)

My mom told me she read an article that women don't want just chocolate or flowers on Valentine's day, they want more, and they want better. For me, flowers and chocolate are fine (I do love chocolate *drools*), but if you want to make Valentine's day even more special, you should probably work harder.

Eating out is never wrong on special occasions, even if you just take your girlfriend to a café, it's still appreciated. If you want to surprise her with a home cooked awesome meal, that's great too! A shopping weekend abroad would be even better! Okay, maybe you should save that for your anniversary. 

If she knows you hate Valentine's day that's even better for you! You have the chance to suck it up and surprise her with the most romantic gift ever! I promise you she will be so happy she will almost cry! ;)

So whatever you do, and however much you might hate February 14th, ffs be a (gentle)man and 
show some goddamn love !!!!

1 comment:

Katy said...

I totally agree with you about valentines day I mean it is a holiday that like forces people to be like oh I love you and I don't think that it should be the only day guys plan nice things for their girlfriends! Anniversaries, Christmas, Birthdays, and Valentines day aren't the only holidays that either people should show love! Little surprises when its not holidays I think are more meaningful because its not like expected from them. Also I adore that dress... it is so gorgeous!