Monday, September 5, 2011

Weight loss - before and after

So I looked through the latest BLENDA-magazine, and I saw ads for weight loss, like this:


I know I've written about this issue before (read about it here) but I just can't seem to get used to seeing those ads in fashion magazines! What's wrong with these girls?? Well besides the fact that they're severely underweight. The girl on the left is the same height as I am, and weighs, according to the ad, about 7kg less than I do (and don't freakin' give me the "but Asians have different bone structure and are naturally slimmer than other races", because people of all races can have small bone structure - and I'm small framed too!*) Let's face the fact that she (like the other girls in the picture) is underweight.

Now let's look at their "before" pictures:

Yes, they seem a bit overweight, but it's a trick! I mean, put them in other underwear and they'd look "normal". Let's compare the girl on the left again; on her before picture she's totally flat, but in the after picture she has breasts! That's weird when breasts mostly consist of fat. If you'd let them pose like they do in the after pictures, I don't think they'd look very big at all in the before pics. Let them wear flattering bikinis (or whatever it is they're wearing) and high heels to make their legs seem longer and slimmer too. Do their hair and makeup and TADAAAH - You've got yourself a group of pretty girls!

Proof (with the help of my amazing paint-skills):
I did not change her figure! I simply painted her a new bikini, high heels, hair, a bit of makeup and added some shading - like there is in the real "after"-pics (oh and I changed her pose a bit). Now which after-version looks the best umm I mean, despite being changed in Paint?


*If you want to test what your body frame is, here's a website to do so. You can also follow this guide to find out.

9 comments:

Flower Duchess said...

omg they look like anorexics
I don't like it

Jean said...

they look photoshoped in the before pictures...FAIL! xD they're not even modified well, their tummies and look, skin overall look too odd to be natural xD

Tirin said...

Jean: Lol yeah perhaps they are! i mean it would take a looot of time to lose that much weight, so i'm sure they added a few extra kgs in the before pics. Then again, the light is completely different from the light in the after-pic (and that also makes them look bigger)!

Kiwi☆ said...

They look like skeletons! That's so wrong to publish crap like that!!! And the "fat girl photos", yes, they truly are photoshopped, not realistic. It's very common in Asia; If you are thin, you get usually asked for this kind of ads... Then they photoshop a picture of you looking fat. It sucks. One of my friend in Asia told me this, she had done also that kind of modelling - I just don't understand! This is really good post Tirin, thank you, I'd love to share it!

BeXie said...

I agree that the before pics look totally photoshopped. Either that or theyre wearing fat suits o_0 I've also noticed that in all the weight loss adverts when they LOSE weight they become curvier and as you pointed out, actually gained boobs from losing weight(wtf?) I wish my boobs would get bigger when I lose weight lol

Nissa Rose said...

im pretty sure they're photoshoped. its way too thin.

Banny said...

Being that thin is just not attractive at all...and lol at your paint skills :D

CHOLAKEY said...

this is scary!

Jessi said...

Omg, but the after-pictures are photoshoped. If you look under the breast, the shape is very weird. Also the legs are waaayyyy to thin for the body. I'll bet they don't look like on the after-pics.