Thursday, August 4, 2011

Why do girls hate?

The other day, my sister and I talked about how girls are always in war with each other, bashing on one another, being jealous and trying to bring each other down. But why don't we all just support each other? I mean, we're already a bit discriminated in society in a lot of other ways, and in some cultures even considered less worth than men! We don't need to make things even worse by treating each other like this, do we?

It's sad actually. It's not like men would go "oh my god, man, you're way too fat for this style!" or "that guy is so dumb, his hair looks all bad" or whatever. Why is that even necessary? What do we get out of life from being mean to each other? Us girls need to stand together, because we have so much against us anyway.

You can deny it all you want, but people that have to complain about other girls are jealous about something they have. Instead of trying to make yourself feel better by talking bad about that other girl, why don't you just accept that she's a bit better than you in that one way, and compliment her? Like my sister and I talked about, for instance, if a girl is singing and you get jealous of her amazing voice - why not just admit her talent instead of going "oh she's not that great..."? This world would be sooo much better if all women did that! I have to admit myself that I'm not the most generous person when it comes to giving compliments, but I'm working on that.


I'd like to ask "why can't we all just be friends?"
but it's not fair because some girls don't even try.

I don't know why we feel like we have to compete with each other all the time. Life is not a competition, and we're all good at different things! This goes for looks too! You might be jealous of another girl's body, but you go "eww she's too skinny!" if someone asks. Is it that hard to admit that you're a bit jealous? And even if that girl does have a better body than you, maybe you have a cuter face, a better job, or a nicer personality? It's normal to envy someone, and it doesn't mean you're not as good as the girl you envy.

I have this picture saying: "Jag gillar att titta på fula (fina) människor, för det får mig att må bättre med mig själv (vilja bli bättre)", meaning "I like to look at ugly (pretty) people, because it makes me feel better about myself (want to be better)". That's how we all should think! - Don't be mean to others to make yourself feel better, let yourself be inspired by them to improve who you are. I wish everyone could try it.


7 comments:

Jean said...

word!
everything's perfect!
i agree with everything you said!!

BeXie said...

I think I'm one of those rare few who actually tells another girl if I'm jealous of her for X reason. I would never talk ill of another girl if I thought she was prettier/smarter than me - that's just dumb. Like I always say - don't talk trash if you can't do better yourself! :) xo

Mint said...

girls fixate on things because they want to compete with eachother and become the "alpha" female. little do they know that an alpha female is created without all the cattyness hahaaa. if they spent all that time doing something productive, maybe we would have more women dominating in the industries...

Shing Er said...

I absolutely agree! I hate it when I'm walking around, and some girls just give me a dirty look!! I always wonder what's their problem since I've never done anything to them nor do I even KNOW them. I admit everyone gets jealous sometimes, but whenever I get that feeling I always reason it out. Jealousy is just a waste of feelings/emotions/energy and it never leads to anything. If jealousy helps push you to improve upon yourself (as you had mentioned), then so be it. But that jealousy should never be something that leads to hatred or negative emotions. Thanks for this post though, I didn't know others thought the same!

Anonymous said...

it's true. of course it is. but sometimes i'm jealous because some girls get a lot of attention / every boy wants to date them, just because they're overly confident and arrogant and if you think you're fucking amazing everbody else does as well. i'm not trying to say that being confident is a bad thing, it's amazing and admirable to love yourself! it's just not fair that girls who are really nice and fun to be with don't get a chance just because they're too shy. i'm very confident in many ways but i haven't been so in the past and i admit i liked to gossip and talk about girls' flaws who thought they were so much more amazing than they really were. it's jealousy, but it's jealousy about injustice. and those girls are the ones who never fail to remind you that they're better than you.

Miss.XoXo said...

I love this post. I think you are 100% right about everything you said. It doesn't matter where you live or what... some girls will always be that way. I don't understand it. If they envy a person's looks or style why not just talk to them and see how they can improve their own style or look. Jealousy is a really bad thing that can take over a person.

Anonymous said...

I just happened to stumble upon this post and I agree with everything you just said.