Monday, April 4, 2011

Why do people hate Xiaxue?

LOL there was a post about Xiaxue on G_S! First of all, she doesn't exactly consider herself gyaru (but she uses all the makeup [and circle lenses] that are considered gyaru), and she may be, even though obviously not naturally, blonde, but she's by no means a bimbo! She even showed you an invitation from MENSA, didn't she? She's also got sooo many great posts about, for instance, anti-smoking or plastic surgery. Everything she writes is smart, but yes she's got a bitchy attitude. It's what makes her Xiaxue though! You're not supposed to take it too seriously, laugh at what she writes, because it IS hilarious!
 How is this makeup not gyaru?
Well to answer the question in the title of this post; why do people hate Xiaxue? Well easy - envy! They envy how big her blog is, how popular she is, how much fame she has gotten, and how much money she has earned from being the way she is. Even though people will object, that's the truth. Everyone you hate on makes you jealous, one way or another. You think she's not all that and "I could do that too!". I feel the same way about some other famous bloggers "they're boring", because I'm envious their blogs got so big! I don't have any problem admitting that, it's human. I don't hate on those people though, I simply just don't care.

And I know you find it strange that I'm defending Xiaxue like this when I don't know her at all, but I actually look up to her - "omg you must be a bimbo too!" - didn't I just prove to you how she's not a bimbo? She's got an IQ over average and got famous for... well simply being herself. Not just anyone can do that. Also she doesn't bash on randoms, she writes humoristic posts about people who either did something to her, or famous people who embarrassed themselves in a way that makes it impossible for people not to write about it.

I admire that she always speaks her mind and doesn't take shit from anyone. I love how she's not afraid to start arguments just so she can speak her mind, and how she always have smart things to say, even though she writes it in a sarcastic and/or "arrogant" way. It's so much fun to read! I like that she's a camwhore and attention-whore - and admits it! About the "arrogance" she has... She doesn't think she's the prettiest girl in the world, she's not afraid to admit she photoshops all her photos so that it doesn't really look like her, or that she has undergone plastic surgery. She has written about her flaws, how she used to hate her nose and teeth, etc, but at the same time she's not promoting plastic sugery, just trying to open some narrow-minded eyes. (MOM - I know you're reading this, but you should read this.)

Ok, I could go on forever about how much I like Xiaxue's blog and her "ugly" attitude, but I suppose I'll just get people thinking bad things about me for liking her. So I'll stop there, hope you get the point :) Please stop hating on people you don't know. It doesn't do any good, not for her/him or for yourself. Being happy and positive makes life so much better ~☆

11 comments:

Kitai Fi said...

i love xixaues blog because shes got such a great way to write !! I love how she express herself. I can not understand why people get this wrong sometimes or even very often.
Its like the only blog Im READING. I read all her txt. Not just scrolling through the pics.
But its okay for xx if some ppl hating her. She doesnt give a fuck ! Another thing I love about her. HUU could write so much down too *0*

Tirin said...

i totally agree! i love XX! love READING her blog AND looking at her pics :D:D

나니 said...

I like her blog as well, but she tends to present herself very rudely.

Just because a person is disliked, doesn't mean people are jealous or envious of their persona. There are tons of different people out there, and it's not very likely that we're all gonna get along.

Tirin said...

i didn't say they are jealous of her as a person, i meant of her fame and of how successful her blog is! they dislike her but envy how popular her blog is, and therefore create "hate clubs" and stuff... x)

CiCi♡ said...

I like her because her Blog is fun to read and many of her posts gice other girls more self confidence - like, why is it wrong to use make up when you don't feel pretty without?
And I like that she's married to a white guy... because I'm a white girl married to an Asian man and I love to see more couples like this.
What bothers me is for example her tweet about Haiti ("Who cares about Haiti? I mean what did this country bring to us except baby rape?") - this is the stuff why many people hate her...
But what's wrong with dying her hair blonde? I think she looks great in real life too. When white ppl dye their hair black, no one thinks "OMG she wants to look Asian! How pathetic!", so why would you think XX wanna look like a white girl?
Anyway I think XX doesn't really belong on g_s...

Elena said...

She's amazing I love her personality and her guts, she also makes fun of herself which is great because someone who takes themselves seriously is really not good in my books, she doesn't write to please everyone and her writing are her thoughts and her opinions why people can't understand I don't know, she is also very sarcastic, I'm not sure if some people know what that is anymore if they take everything that is being said seriously. I don't think she presents herself rudely at all, I think she does it sarcastically :/

Tirin said...

I agree with you girls! but I had no idea what she wrote about Haiti.. that's evil! xD but other than that, what she writes is normally inspiring and funny!

Anonymous said...

I think thatXiaxue is REAL. I mean, she's not hiding anything about herself, and that's why I love her. She's not hiding that she's using photoshop or plastic surgery. She's probably more intelligent than anyone who hates her... she became so popular and weathly with ONLY her blog and looks. Who can say the same?

Anonymous said...

I am a Singaporean and I can say for sure that most people hate her not because of jealousy but because she is arrogant, self-centred and boastful.

Just because she is a top blogger, she thinks that gives her the right to curse people however she likes and make fun of people who have lower standards of English than her.

She uses a lot of vulgarities against people who do not agree with her views. She is uncivilized and most of her fellow Singaporeans are ashamed of her.


Read this site ...

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/meet-singapore-most-popular-blogger-025716125.html

Tirin said...

I know she's rude and arrogant, but that's a part of her character! i think it's funny! it makes her stand out. didn't see anything wrong with that interview. let her be who she is! if people don't like her they shouldn't read her blog - simple as that.

Anonymous said...

My opinion of Xixaue... This little girl is unlikable because she is so deeply and apologetically shallow. The girl is 28 going on 15. Plus, she seems to be really insecure. Happy, but insecure. And I think she's jealous of "Cheesy" and would secretly love to see her fail. I wouldn't trust X as far as I could kick her. Unrelated, and this is NOT meant to be an insult as I see nothing wrong with homosexuality but it wouldn't surprise me to find out her husband is in the closet. BTW, he looks annoyed and bored to death in all his photos. Never happy.